The Introduction to Handgun Safety and Marksmanship is a training course designed for the individual with very limited or no experience shooting handguns who is interested in learning how to safely and accurately use a handgun for personal safety and recreational target shooting. Time will be spent in the classroom and at a shooting range for practical exercise. The personal safety protection focus of this course is range and home safety, developing an understanding of the fundamentals of marksmanship, and learning how to use dry fire practice to increase shooting ability. Students will have the opportunity to fire live ammunition with an instructor’s assistance. Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
INSTRUCTIONAL TOPICS INCLUDE:
• The basic rules of firearms safety
• Range safety rules
• The importance of proper dry-fire practice
• The seven fundamentals of handgun marksmanship
• Overview of state laws and considerations for carry
Course cost includes one handgun rental, targets, and reusable shooting glasses and ear protection. If you have your own handgun, you are encouraged to bring it for the class with 50 rounds of ammunition. No big bore calibers (.44 mag, .50 AE, etc.) or steel cased/steel core ammo is allowed on the range. Bring hearing and eye protection if you have them.
NOTE: Please do not wear sandals, high heels, open-toed shoes, low neckline tops, or excessively loose clothing or jewelry. A hat with a bib visor is recommended.
* Ladies only classes are one of a kind classes aim to effectively educate women about firearms safety and usage. The classes are taught by certified women firearms instructors who offer a unique and relatable approach to self-defense.
4 HOUR COURSE
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS: 10
COST: $99.99 PER PERSON