At Guns 101, safety is our main priority, especially on the range. We reserve the right to request anyone not behaving responsibly and safely, or behaving in a hostile or threatening manner, to leave the range or classroom immediately to ensure the safety of every student. Every student is required to sign a waiver of liability before each class.
Prohibitive Persons: Under Federal law, Guns 101 may not train any individual(s) who:
- Are convicted felons who have not been annulled or pardoned.
- Are under indictment in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- Are fugitives from justice.
- Use or are addicted to any unlawful controlled substances.
- Have been adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution.
- Are illegal aliens.
- Have been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions.
- Have renounced their United States citizenship.
- Are under a court order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner.
- Have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- Are under the influence of any substances that may hinder or impede their actions in handling a firearm safely.
Registration and Payment Policy
All students attending courses instructed by Guns 101 must officially register/enroll via the Guns 101 website. Full payment of the class cost is due at the time of registration/enrollment. By purchasing items via the Guns 101 website you acknowledge that you have read and understand Guns 101 policies, to include the Release and Waiver of Liability, and agree to comply with them fully. All students are required to sign a waiver of liability before each course begins.
Release and Waiver of Liability
All students attending courses instructed by Guns 101 acknowledge that the reaction to, possession of, and/or use of firearms is potentially dangerous, and involves risk of serious personal injury, death, psychological trauma, and/or other personal and financial liability. The student agrees to assume all risk and waives any and all claims of liability for personal injury, death, psychological trauma, and/or other personal or financial loss.
Arrival and Attendance Policy
All students are required to present a valid Driver’s License or State Issued ID when checking in for any Guns 101 course. All students are expected to arrive on time and fit to participate in training. Students are required to attend the entire course of instruction, therefor students arriving late will be turned away. Please arrive early to allow time for check-in.
Guns 101 will provide firearms, eye protection, hearing protection, and ammunition for courses. Students are free to bring their own safety equipment for use during the live-fire portion of instructions. No firearms or ammunition are allowed in the classroom. Firearms and ammunition should be stored securely in your vehicle until instructed to bring them into the gun range. Students may bring their own firearm for use during live-fire training; however, the firearm should be unloaded (clear of ammunition) prior to entering the training facility. Firearms must be cased or holstered with the slide lock to the back when entering the training facility. Students who bring a firearm must be familiar with the particular functions of their firearm. Guns 101 reserves the right to prohibit firearms it deems unsafe from the live-fire range. No reloaded ammunition of any kind will be used in Guns 101 training.
Registered students who wish to either cancel for a refund or reschedule for another Guns 101 class, must do so at least 48 hours prior to the class. Cancellations and date change requests made later, or no shows, will not be refunded.